Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Banana Yogurt Cake

Inspired and tempted by my baking lover. Since I have some bananas at home, i thought this could replace the blueberries, indeed, it's great. I added some choc chips too. But it's bit sweet for my liking. Should reduce sugar if i were to use flavoured yogurt.

I baked 2 eggs recipe in 6" square pan. For 3 eggs recipe, refer to my baking lover's blog.
  • 87g plain flour
  • 93 self raising flour
  • 133g sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 122g banana yoghurt
  • 83g butter
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
  • Sliced banana
Method:
  1. Sift both flour and set aside.
  2. Cream butter and sugar till pale and creamy.
  3. Add eggs,one at a time.
  4. Add vanilla essence. 
  5. Add flour and yoghurt alternately. 
  6. Pour into cake pan. 
  7. Top with banana. 
  8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 50 mins. 
  9. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before removing to cool on rack.
  10. Serve when cooled.

No comments: