Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Rainbow Cake with Rose Buttercream






After some discussion with my colleagues, i plan to do the rainbow cake for them as their birthday cake..it was a challenge to me and i called this my big project...never thought that i would come out with such a cake...I'm glad that i did it..and i should thanks all for giving me opinions, suggestions and guidance.. LOVE you all to the max!!


The cake portion, i repeat the following recipe for 3 rounds in order for me to have the 6 layers as my oven can only take 2 layers at one time.

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 150gm sponge mix
  • 30gm water
  • 1 tsp coffee emulco (one round with tea)
  • 60gm oil

Method:
  1. Beat eggs till fluffy.
  2. Add in water and emulco.
  3. Pour in sponge mix.
  4. Finally stir in oil.
  5. Divide to 2 batter, add in colouring.
  6. Bake in preheated oven at 180'C for 25 mins.
  7. Leave on wire rack to cool completely.
The decoration part : I did the buttercream a day earlier due to time constraint. I used the Wilton 1M tip to pipe the roses. Glad that i bought it. The roses are nice.

For Buttercream:
(A)
350 gm   Butter
150 gm   Cream Margarine

(B)

180 gm   Icing Sugar

Beat (A) until smooth.

Add in (B), cream till light and fluffy.
Fill up piping bag and start decorating.

*Added colouring for different decoration.


Ref:
Buttercream - Master Chef Alex Goh's Cake Decorating Class 
Cake Mixture & Idea from DIY Home Bread recipe book by Khoo See Yew

No comments: