Overall, i'm quite happy for the 1st trial. But i think i could have done it much better. The chiffon deflated abit. Maybe should try 4 eggs on 7" round tin. The jelly portion was abit off when i unmould. Thinking of covering with cream but bee say dun need to. So the lazy me just left it tat way.
Pandan Layer Cake
Chiffon cake (recipe by http://www.dequeenkitchen.blogspot.com/2013/02/pandan-chiffon-iii.html?m=1)
3 egg yolk
30g Corn Oil
36g Coconut Milk
1/2tsp Pandan Paste
45g Plain Flour
21g Corn Flour
1/4tsp baking powder
3 egg white
1. Mix all the ingredients (A) then sift in flour till all combine.
2. Beat ingredients (B) till stiff.
3. Fold in 1/3 part of beaten egg white into (1) mix well .
4. Add in the remain beaten egg white mix well
5. Pour the mixer into 7” round cake tin.
6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 170C for 45mins.
7. Cool the cake upside down. Slice into 2 equal pieces.
Pandan Jelly Layer (Recipe by Soh Pin Tee)
300ml coconut milk
400ml pandan water (i mixed pandan paste with water)
8g Jelly Power
Put the above ingredients in a pot cook it ; stir it till boil.
85g Hoen Kwe flour
Mix the Hoen Kwe flour with water
Then pour it into the (A) in low heat stir it till the mixture thicken & smoothen
To assemble pandan layer cake
Use a bigger round cake tin/container put 2 or 3 scoops of the Pandan Jelly Paste then put in a slice of cake on top the paste. Repeat the rest of Pandan Jelly Paste and cake. After completed all slices , let it cool down and store cake in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.