Shared by Kymn Lee (MFWL)
From Delia Smith's How to Cook Book 3
250 g strong bread flour, plus some for dusting
1 teaspoon yeast
10ml olive oil, plus some for greasing
1 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
2 slices honey baked ham
2 slices cheddar cheese
Sprinkles of dried mixed herbs
Sprinkles of black pepper
For the top:
- Put the ingredients for dough into the breadmaker in the order your manual instructs.
- Set it to the dough only setting and press the start button.
- Meanwhile, towards the end of the time, prepare the filling ingredients.
- When the dough is ready, remove it from the machine, turn it out on to a flat, lightly floured surface, divide it into two and then roll out one half to form a rough, rounded rectangle.
- Then place it on a baking tray and arrange the slices of ham on top.
- Follow this with the cheese, then scatter over the mixed herbs.
- Now give it a good seasoning of black pepper.
- Then roll out the remaining dough, lay it on top of the first, pinching the edges together all the way round to completely enclose the filling.
- Now cover it with a clean tea cloth and leave it to puff up again for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 200'C.
- When the dough is ready, make little dimples in it with your finger and sprinkle dried rosemary.
- Finally, drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the dough is crisp and golden.