Hahaha...tried mooncake again, the previous too flaky, this time I tried without egg wash.
Ingredients (A) for mooncake pastry
50gm plain flour
30gm golden syrup
1/4 tsp alkaline water
Ingredients (B) for mooncake filling
Chocolate Paste (bought from baking supply store)
1. Mix ingredients (A) till well combined. Set aside for 40 minutes.
2. While waiting for (A) to be done, divide chocolate paste into portion. Roll into balls.
3. Once (A) is done, divide equally.
Wrap filling into mooncake pastry. Roll into balls. Press into mooncake
mould. Tap lightly to de-mould. Repeat until dough finishes.
Bake in preheated oven at 200'C for 10 mins. Remove and leave cool for
about 15 minutes. Bake in oven again for
15 minutes till golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Store in an air-tight
container. The pastry will become soft, called “回油” （literally means
”returns oily and soft’） and shiny in one or two days.
1. No egg wash
2. Proportion: for small mooncake, i used 40gm filling, 20gm dough skin
Original : Keiko's recipe
9 hours ago