125g softened butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon lemon emulco
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
40ml lemon juice
1. Mix cocoa powder with 3 tbsp of warm water in a medium size bowl to form a paste.
2. Sift flour and baking powde and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar till pale and creamy.
4. Add eggs,one at a time. Well combined in each addition.
5. Add juice and lemon emulco.
6. Fold in flour in 3 batches,do not over mix.
7. Scoop 1/3 of the batter into the bowl of cocoa paste and mix well,do not over mix.
8. Scoop at lemon batter onto lined cake tin,followed by cocoa batter and repeat till all batter are used.
9. Lightly stir with chopstick to create swirls.
10. Shake the tin a little bit to even out the batter.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 30 minutes or till cooked.
12. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before removing to cool on rack.
I've used loaf pan. Bit too short for 2 eggs recipe.
Original recipe: http://www.dequeenkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/09/orange-cocoa-marble-cake.html?m=1