9 hours ago
Saturday, September 1, 2012
Marble Butter Cake with Buttercream
160 gm Butter
160 gm Margarine
250 gm Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
280 gm plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp coffee emulco (original: chocolate paste)
1. Cream ingredients (A) until smooth and fluffy.
2. Whip ingredients (B) until light and thick. Add in ingredients (C), mix until evenly blended.
3. Add in ingredients (A), mix until well-combined. Add in ingredients (D), mix until well incorporated.
4. Divide the plain batter into 2 portion.
5. One portion to the lined baking tin, another portion to add in (E) and mix well.
6. Pour the coffee batter over plain batter and swirl it with skewer to make marble effect.
7. Bake at 175C for 50-60 mins, or until cooked.
1. Insert a skewer onto the centre.If it comes out clean,it is done.
2. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before removing to cool on rack.
3. I left my cake overnight to make sure it's completely cool before decorating it with buttercream. (I baked at night, decorated in the next morning)
350 gm Butter
150 gm Cream Margarine
180 gm Icing Sugar
Beat (A) until smooth.
Add in (B), cream till light and fluffy.
Fill up piping back and start decorating.
*Added colouring for different decoration.
For my case, i did almost black and yellow and brown.
Cake - Seashore Baking Code recipe book by Alex Goh
Buttercream - Master Chef Alex Goh's Cake Decorating Class