I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak (May 2013) hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders.
- 200gm Hong Kong Flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp double acting baking powder
- 50gm sugar
- 10gm shortening
- 80ml water
- sliced luncheon meat (Tulip brand)
- azuki paste (from Daiso)
- Combine HK flour, instant yeast and double acting baking powder together.
- Dissolve sugar in a bowl with water.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the sugar solution. Combine well and gather into a dough.
- Add the shortening and knead until a smooth dough.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and prove it for 45 minutes or until almost double in size.
- Knead dough a couple of times and roll into a long strip. Cut into pieces.
- Roll into a flat disc and wrap with fillings.
- Leave to rest for about 10 minutes before steaming over preheated steamer at high heat for 10mins.
Recipe source : tigg3rsdelectablefare.blogspot.sg and http://pengskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/05/steamed-luncheon-meat-buns.html