Wanted to make chocolate cake for colleagues as mother's day cake...browsed for few recipes and i ended with this.
- 114g cake flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 170g butter, softened
- 200g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 180ml buttermilk ( i mixed 1tbsp vinegar to 180ml milk and let it stand for 5 minutes)
- 1tbsp Kahlua
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- some chocolate chips
1. Sift flour, cocoa pwder, baking powder and set aside.
2. Beat butter till creamy, gradually add in sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs 1 by 1, mix well in each addition.
4. Stir extract and kahlua to buttermilk.
5. Add in flour alternate with milk mixture, ending with flour. Mix well everytime.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Pour into greased pand and bake in preheated oven at 175'C for 40mins.
8. Cool on wire rack before storing/decorating.
Original recipe from: http://www.thelittleteochew.com/2012/01/tish-boyle-chocolate-buttermilk-cakes.html
9 hours ago