7 hours ago
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Rainbow Cake with Buttercream
Original recipe: http://dequeenkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/04/rainbow-layered-butter-cake-with-swiss.html
220g plain flour
170g unsalted butter
2 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Cream soften butter & sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add one egg at a time.
3. Add milk and vanilla essence.
4. Add flour.
5. Separate batter into 2 equal portion
6. Add different coloring to each portion
7. Pour into different baking tins.
8. Shake the baking tins a little to even out the batter.
9. Bake at 180°C for about 20 minutes or till cooked.
10. Leave on wire rack to cool.
350gm soften butter
150gm cream margarine
180gm icing sugar
1. Cream (A) till well blended.
2. Add in (B) and beat till light and fluffy.
3. Add desired colouring.