Red Velvet Cake
250g cake flour
1/2 tsp salt (i omitted, cos using slated butter)
15g cocoa powder (can increase to 20g)
300g sugar (way to sweet, i used 240g yet still sweet, should do 150g)
1 tsp vanilla extract
240ml buttermilk (i substitute wit240ml milk + 1 tbsp vinegar)
2 tbsp red colouring
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven.
2. Sift flour, salt and cocoa powder, set aside.
3. Beat butter till soft then add in sugar, beat till light and fluffy. Add in eggs 1 at a time. Add in essence and beat till well combined.
4. Whisk buttermilk with colouring.
5. Mix in flour and milk to butter mixture alternate. Start & ends with flour.
6. In a cup, combine vinegar and soda. Allow to fizz and quickly fold to cake batter.
7. Working quickly, pour to lined tins.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 175'C for 30 mins.
9. Leave to cool completely before frosting.
Cream cheese frosting
225g cream cheese, softened
60g butter, softened
125g icing sugar ( ised 25g only as the cake is sweet enough)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. beat cream cheese and butter till creamy
2. Mix in essence
3. Gradually stir in icing sugar