5 Mandarin Oranges
1/2 lemon (juice only)
1 cup water
1. Peel oranges and keep the skin. I used 3 mandarin oranges rind only.
2. Remove seeds and membrane, leaving only the orange flesh.
3. Using a scissors, i cut the rind into thin strips.
4. Put rind in a pot and filled it with water. Just enough to cover it. Boiled the rind for 10 mins. Repeat two more times to remove the bitterness.
5. Chop the orange flesh roughly.
6. Put the orange rind, flesh, lemon juice, sugar and water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Stir constantly.
7. Simmer until jam consistency.
8. Store in sterilized jars.
Original recipe: http://rumblingtummy23.blogspot.sg/2013/02/mandarin-orange-marmalade.html