Recipe: Kevin Chai's Chiffon Cake is Done recipe book
Method: swirl in by Caryn (BW)
Photography Technique: Keiko Wen
1*15cm chiffon tin and 6 large cupcakes
4 egg yolks
80gm dragonfruit flesh
2 tbsp lemon juice
40gm sugar (i used 30gm)
4 egg whites
1. Separate egg whites n yolks. I used cold eggs and after separation, i leave them in room temp for bout 30mins. Read some article that room temp eggs can rise better. So i gave it a try.
2. Blend dragonfruit flesh with lemon juice till fine.
3. Beat egg yolks and sugar with spatula till sugar dissolved completely.
4. Add in dragonfruit puree follow by oil. Mix well.
5. Sift in flour and mix till just combined. Set yolk batter aside.
6. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer till fluffy. Add in sugar gradually in 3 batches. Beat till stiff peak.
7. Pour 1/3 yolk batter to meringue and swirl it till combine. Pour the 2nd 1/3 and repeat the last 1/3 till just combined. Do not overstir.
8. Pour into chiffon tin. Bang lightly on tabletop to release air.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 170'C for 40 mins. (Better be 45 mins for my oven)
10. Invert to cool once ready. Slice and serve when it's completely cool.