10 hours ago
Monday, June 27, 2016
Natural Leavened Soft Bread Loaf
Thanks NgaiLeng for the wonderful recipe. I gave it a slight tweak in the recipe as I ran out of milk. And I didn't do cold ferment.
250g bread flour
100g natural yeast starter/sourdough (i used my kombucha natural yeast)
25g fine sugar
8g vegetable oil
4g fine salt
135g cold water
1tbsp milk powder
Following are the steps I did for this loaf.
1. Mix all ingredients except butter in bread machine.
2. Add in butter after 5 minutes of mixing.
3. Knead till the dough become smooth and shiny.
4. Take dough out from machine and let proof in a bowl cover with plastic food wrap. Let rise for 30-45mins.
5. Divide the dough to 3. Roll them up like a ball.
6. Then flatten each ball to a long strip and roll up like swissroll.
7. Put them in pullman tin and let rise till it reach bout 80% of the height.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 170'C for 45-50 mins.
9. Remove bread from mould immediately after baking.
10. Let it cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
Original recipe from : http://mymindpatch.blogspot.my/2016/06/natural-yeast-japanese-milk-loaf-cold.html