Saw this from a member of P&P, been wanting to try this method since long ago So here you go, butter chiffon using cooked dough method. I tweaked the recipe abit. So soft that after slicing, it couldn't stand. Haha.
45g water + vanilla essence
54g plain flour
10g corn flour
1. Melt butter in pot. Once the side has bubble, remove from heat.
2. Sift 2/3 of the flour in a bowl. Stir in the melted butter. Add water and mix well.
3. Add egg yolk one by one. Mix well in each addition. At last, add in the remaining 1/3 of the flour.
4. Prepare meringue in a separate bowl. Beat the whites till frothy. Slowly add in sugar in batches and beat till stiff peak.
5. Fold the meringue to yolks in 3 batches.
6. Pour into chiffon tin.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 170'C for 45-50mins. I usually preheat the oven before starting to prepare ingredients.
8. Leave the chiffon to cool upside down after baking.
9. Unmould only when it's completely cooled.
Recipe adapted from Jeannie (https://jeannietay.wordpress.com/2015/04/04/butter-chiffon-cake-cooked-dough-method/#more-1068)