Saturday, March 23, 2013

Crispy Chewy Subway's Choc Chip Cookie

Wow. Been so stressed last week as I've failed chiffon for 3 times. Angry right. Dunno what happened. So i gave myself a break from chiffon to try on this new crave in the baking group. They are the subway cookies. My baking lover told me hers is nicer than subways. Been wandering how would the taste be, so happened that i passedby subway, so i bought a piece to try. And it costed me RM1.50!! 1st bite, totally chewy and i dun like it. And today, finally i gave it a try to the recipe shated. Result is superb. As mentioned by members, outer crispy inner chewy. So so so yummy. I like! Just that i find it abit sweet. All becos of the choc chips that i'm using. And here I would like to my members(Cecilia & Keiko) for this recipe.



190g plain flour
113g butter,softened
90g brown sugar
90g castor sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Adequate Chocolate chips

1. Sift flour and baking soda then set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar till smooth.
3. Add in egg and vanilla extract.
4. Add (1) till well combined using spatula.
Then add chocolate chips.
5. Scoop spoonful of dough onto lined baking tray.
6. Freeze together with tray for 5 minutes.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 190°C for 10-15mins.
8. Rest on tray for a minute before removing to cool completely on rack.

Original: http://www.dequeenkitchen.blogspot.com/2013/03/chewy-chocolate-chips-cookies.html?m=1