Wanted to make something chocolatey for my colleagues, so i searched around for my notes and decided to bake this.
Coincidentally, my friend shared the youtube link in FB too.
So here we go:
- 125g dark chocolate
- 150g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 125g soft butter
- 75g soft light brown sugar
- 50g white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (cold from the fridge)
- 350 grams dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Melt the 125g dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water.
- Put the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugars in another bowl. Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out and place on a lined baking sheet about few cm apart. Do not flatten them.
- Bake for 18 minutes, testing with a cake tester to make sure it comes out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter.
- Leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.